No matter what post people work in, which company they work at (large or small), how long they work there, if there is one person who is remembered most, it is the administrative assistant. His or her job is to see to it that everyone does their job with precision, faces the least amount of problems and the person also serves as a direct link between the higher administration and other employees of the workplace. Theirs is a tiring job which requires dealing with all kinds of people, both within and outside the workplace, taking care of the littlest of the little details, which others are bound to overlook and to make sure the whole office runs smoothly. The nature of their work varies from day to day, even hour to hour and becomes more and more demanding as they begin to familiarize themselves with the workplace and the nature of work. Since their work doesn’t really fit into one specific mould, they would have to be very specific while describing to someone what their work is, especially a prospective employer. When writing a resume, therefore, they have to be extremely specific sound professional about the kind of work they did while at the job. Here is a sample resume that will describe how an Administrative assistant should present themselves to a prospective employer.
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Here is a sample resume for the post of an Administrative assistant:
K-1086, Sector 8, RK Puram,
New Delhi – 110022
Seasoned and top notch administrative assistant with more than 6 years of experience in managing business relations and all kinds of projects at a senior level of management. I have served as a primary point of contact and interaction between management, the sales team, various personnel, vendors and the clients. Maintain high standards as regards written and oral communication skills, abilities in terms of problem resolution and confidentiality as regards workplace. Equally adept at sales management and advanced word processing support.
Chryssalis Networking Solutions, Preet Vihar, New Delhi (2004 – Present)
Held positions of increased responsibility for this networking solutions and consultancy firm with major clients all over India, United States, South East Asia and Australia.
Administrative Assistant (2008 – Present)
- Provide executive level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer with an ever-increasing ability for improvisation, quicker and more efficient procedure, and strict adherence to deadlines, no matter how demanding.
- Organization of the smallest details of special events, travel arrangements, corporate agendas and itineraries for the same.
- Planning and coordinating corporate luncheons and compile presentations for on-site as well as off-site meetings.
- Management of monthly expense reports complete with the supporting documents and budget co indexes
- Directing business relations and distribution of company literature for stimulating client interest as well as sales leads.
- Composition and distribution of inter-departmental memorandums (for instance, e-mail, documentary and voice) ensuring timely delivery and receipt of important information while at the time maintaining confidentiality.
- Establishment and maintenance of electronic records management system for all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Collaborating with departmental managers with regards the weekly postings for the final reports to facilitate timely writing, editing and preparation of the final copy, from drafting to actual circulation
Lead Word Processor (2004 – 2008)
- Providing document management support to more than 100 corporate employees in areas like corporate presentations, quarterly, half yearly and annual goal charts, financial spreadsheets, organizational charts and, new and unique projects whenever they come up.
- Providing administrative support to director of strategic planning during the absence of the secretary in area of document preparation.
Proficient with Microsoft Office 2007(MSWord, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel), HTML, Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, Outlook Express, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Proficient with the internet.
- Completed Senior Secondary School from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi in 1999 with 76% aggregate (AISSCE/CBSE) in Commerce
- Completed Bachelors in Commerce B Com (Hons) from Delhi University in 2002.
- Completed PG Diploma in Human Resource management from Amity University in 2004 March.